Dark December targets an adult audience and may include profanity, nudity and sexual situations.
Thank you, Beth, for your friendship, support, generosity, and creativity.


A Shared Journey
The Collaboration: EXPLANATION AND GUIDE

Dark December, The Other Side of the Stage, Rising Above, South Beach and Rafe's Journal are written by two different authors.

However, the worlds, characters, events and story lines intersect, overlap, collide and impact each other. Our chapters build on each other's work. Because this is complex and can be confusing, we built a Table of Contents which shows the order we wrote the chapters, and the order in which they should be read. You can find it in the link bar above.


Friday, January 9, 2009

Chapter 28 ~ Dissonance

South Beach ~ McDermott Residence

Hurrying up the stairs and into the kitchen, Landry set down her bags of groceries and leaned against the counter briefly. Although Slim and Cooper were gone, Hitman was still busy with recording sessions for some of the other bands that used the studio as well as calls that came in regularly about the tour, promotions, and personal appearances.


She was tired but that did not stop her from sticking to her daily routine. Aside from an occasional drink or two after work with friends, it was all she had since Ryan had been gone. Changing quickly, Landry went into the spare bedroom where Ryan worked out. He had set up a ballet barre for her there so she could dance whenever she felt like it.

Turning up the volume until the mirrors began to vibrate, Landry began slowly at first, but quickly picked up the pace as she felt herself getting lost in the music.

She pounded the heels of her tap shoes against the floorboards, driving out thought, leaving nothing but the music and the dance, body and beat, muscle and breath and rhythm.

Stumbling slightly, she grabbed the bar and tried to steady her breathing. Prickly waves of heat washed over her as she raised the back of her hand to her forehead and briefly closed her eyes.

It wouldn't require an examination or any kind of test for Landry to know she was pregnant. She stood looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her body was still firm, her stomach flat. There were no physical signs of the pregnancy yet other than the fatigue that showed on her face.

She turned, leaning against the mirror and let her body slowly slide to the floor. She focused on the night sky that twinkled just outside the large window across from her as she tried to compose herself and about it. Ryan would be home tonight and she was going to have to tell him.

Landry's mouth curved in a slight smile. At one time she would have been excited to bring him news like this. She had been sure of him then, sure that he loved her and that he wanted to build a life with her, married or not. Now…she had doubts, not of her own feelings, but of his.

Had it been a mistake, she wondered? A mistake to encourage Ryan to take that job with Cooper? He’d always been reserved, but the last few months…something was different. He was remote; preoccupied even when he was at home, even in bed it didn’t seem quite the same.

Pulling herself up off the floor, she looked at her reflection once more before heading to the bath. "Well girl, he's either going to be very happy or very upset. Either way he's going to be a father and he needs to know."




South Beach ~ Stanfield Residence

Pulling up to the curb, Ryan maneuvered the big SUV to a stop in front of the Stanfield house in South Beach, turned off the ignition and sat there for a minute looking at the place. It had been a long drive from the University. It had been an even longer one earlier in the day from Oceanside. He was bone tired but still on edge.

Ryan slammed the door and started up the broad staircase, automatically checking the place as he walked. Had that security camera been moved?

Beth was walking toward him through the foyer, silhouetted against the bloom of light. He’d check the camera later; it was mounted too high on the wall to be accidentally shoved aside – one more item to the list of things that made him uncomfortable.

“What happened? How did he take it?” Beth waited there in the foyer, her eyes meeting his, tension in her voice. Ryan hesitated. There wasn’t much he could hold back from her since it would come out one way or the other, but she looked tired, drained. She didn’t need to deal with that damned kid right now. “I had to force it,” he admitted. “He wouldn’t turn over the keys until I put in a call to Cooper.”

“I knew it,” she shook her head and passed through the heavy glass doors into the hall, leaning briefly on the handle. “Wyatt’s a lot like his father.” In more ways than one, he thought, remembering the evidence at the beach house.

The place felt cold; several lamps on the patio had gone out, leaving gaps in the light. Ryan caught a shadow leaping up the rock wall – animal of some kind though, too small to be a person. “Are you going to be all right here tonight? You don’t need anything, do you?”

Beth moved uneasily through the living room, picking up a pillow and tossing it down. “I’m fine,” she assured him, turning back to him with a tight, forced smile. “Go home, Ryan. It’s late.”

He didn't feel right leaving her alone like this. Truthfully, he didn't want to go and would have come up with almost any reason to stay. Beth’s anxiety worried him; whether it was the first night back here, or maybe she was finally beginning to face reality about Cooper, he wasn’t sure, but he did not like leaving her here alone. "I can stay tonight if you want, give you a chance to get acclimated."

Beth pushed the door open onto the patio, then turned and held his gaze; as much as she would have preferred to have him stay, she needed to let him go. "No, Ryan I'll be fine," she repeated, her smile finally warming her eyes. "I’d like that, but I’m going to decline. You really should get home. Landry’s probably waiting for you." Placing his hands on his hips, Ryan began to object and then, sighing, told her, "I'm going to check the place one more time, walk the perimeter."




After replacing the lamps and checking the house one last time, Ryan returned. "There's a chill in the air; let's get you back inside. Walk me to the door?"

Ryan stood at the entance with Beth. "All right, set the alarms after I leave and if you need anything, anything at all, you call me regardless of the hour. I'm not that far."

She looked up at him. Not that far? Lyrics drifted through her mind, something Coop had sung to her about distance, the long dark spaces between people. She didn't want to let Ryan go and it would take no more than one word to keep him here. He was right, it was dark and cold and empty and lonely, and if he stayed, he wouldn't be sleeping on a couch. Impossible..."I will call," she promised, "Ryan…I'll call you tomorrow."

McDermott Residence

Ryan set his suitcase down and looked around at the darkened house. A faint glow from the kitchen was the only light that illuminated the room. Weary from the travel he rubbed the back of his neck absently considering a hot shower and a stiff drink before collapsing in his bed.

"First things first," he mumbled to himself as he walked over to the bar and, skipping the rocks, filled a tumbler halfway with scotch. Resting against it, he drank allowing the smooth amber liquid to slowly penetrate and do its job.

Ryan studied the pool table; a thoughtful expression covered his face as a slow grin barely spread across it. He remembered the last time he stood there when Beth had been striking hard at the colored balls as they scattered across the table in an attempt to avoid further punishment. She had been agitated then; he now understood why.


The haze brought on by the liquor, conjured images Ryan had often imagined. He could not set them aside anymore than he could abandon his feelings. He couldn't even count the number of times he closed his eyes and envisioned her like this, waiting for him. He didn't want to let it go.

His face darkened as he downed the rest of the scotch. Ryan slowly turned and trudged up the stairs. He wondered briefly, why Landry wasn't there to greet him, a thought he quickly dismissed. She was probably out barhopping or dancing at some club with her friends. Ryan did not want to face her tonight anyway; it was better she wasn't here.


Pushing open the bedroom door Ryan stepped inside and stopped in his tracks. There she stood in a sexy corset that amplified the luscious curves of her body. Ryan's reaction was immediate as he let his eyes slowly caress every curve. Her ivory skin glowed in the soft light.

"I thought you might be hungry," she began in a soft, sultry voice.

Ryan strode toward her, "I'm famished," his deep voice resonated. "Well I've got all of your favorites ready, baby. Where would you like to begin?"

Landry kissed him seductively knowing that this might be the last time they were this close, this intimate, and this free with each other. Whatever came from her news, she wanted it to be the way it used to be between them. The rest would wait until the light of day. Whatever came tomorrow, she would have tonight.


Ryan awoke the next morning sufficiently rested and sexually sated. He and Landry never had a problem in that area and she had been remarkably energetic last night. He glanced over and seeing her side of the bed vacant, threw his muscular legs over the side and got up.

Stepping gingerly across the travertine tiles, he focused briefly on the ocean view from beyond the bathroom window. It was a glorious day

The steamy water beat down soothingly on his chest as Ryan whistled softly. He quickly showered and went downstairs.

Grabbing a cup of coffee Ryan joined Landry who had been sitting in the living room reading. "Good morning gorgeous; that isn't the Kama Sutra I hope," his warm deep voice resonated.

She looked up at him and smiled. Her heart had been his since the beginning; would it be broken after today? No matter, he needed to know. Landry fought the urge to back down. "Ryan, can you sit with me? I have something to say," she began.

He slipped onto the sofa next to her and smiled at her, carefully studying her face looking for something, anything that might be wrong. Unable to read her, Ryan sat back and waited.

This was so hard. Landry, needing some distance, stood and drew a breath. Do not think, do not hesitate, just say what you have to say and get it out there. "Ryan, I…there is no easy way to say this," she started. Turning toward him once more she continued, "Ryan, I'm pregnant."

Ryan was stunned. "Pregnant…" he rose trying to mask the myriad thoughts raging inside his head."Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure Ryan. Is that all you have to say about it?" she asked him.

Running his hands through his hair Ryan hesitated. A baby was not something he was prepared to deal with or expected. They had always been careful; Landry was using birth control. He had a great many things he wanted to say, none of them constructive. Thinking, counting back the weeks he asked, "How far along are you?" Landry exploded, "You do the math Ryan! Shit!"

She stormed into the kitchen and rested her forehead against the cool steel of the kitchen cabinet trying hard not to give in to the churning of her stomach. Ryan followed her in bellowing, "You don't think this was something you could have told me sooner? Why did you wait until now?"

Landry turned, infuriated, and responded in kind, "Oh, I'm sorry Ryan. I guess I didn't want to disrupt your jet setting schedule!" Reigning in his emotions, Ryan came back at her, "That's bullshit Landry; you know what my work entails. I haven't been here these last several weeks but you knew how it was with my work. You could have at least called with something like this. We could have at least figured out a way to deal with all of it before now."

"Deal with it…that's an interesting phrase Ryan. How would you propose we deal with it?" her words were biting. "It wasn't something I wanted to tell you over the phone." Landry felt numb as her worst fears sinking in. She probably should have told him sooner; would it have changed anything? Would Ryan have left Beth and come home to her? She didn't think so. No matter, she was going to have a baby, his baby, with him or without him.

Landry walked away from him as she spoke quietly, "I didn't expect you would be jumping for joy, maybe I hoped you would be somewhat happy, but this isn't something I wanted to tell you unless we were face to face," she explained. "Seeing your reaction, I'm glad I didn't tell you while you were squiring Beth all over Paris."

"How the hell did you think I was going to react? You waited all this time to tell me…and last night…you didn't think to tell me last night? What was all that? You knew I wouldn't be happy about this!" Ryan raged. "Having a baby…it changes everything Landry, it changes us!"

For the first time in a long while, Ryan felt his world spinning off course. He had wanted a family one day but on his terms. Landry had always been there for him, things were comfortable with her and he did care for her in his own way. He had never examined his feelings beyond that; there had been no need until now. He could not abandon her or his child no matter what else he did or didn't feel.

"I'm not asking you to marry me Ryan," Landry's voice shook. "But I wasn't the only one involved here, the only one in the bed. We made this baby together."

Ryan stared at her, his anger driving him to the brink of losing control, "But you were the one that was supposed to be on birth control! What, did you conveniently forget? We didn't make this baby Landry; this was a mistake."

"You asshole! Go to hell Ryan! You think I did this on purpose?" she shouted. Landry's eyes filled with tears, she let out a bitter laugh, as she rebuked, "I don't need you to stay with me out of some sense of duty. I know you better than you think. If you want to walk, then walk."

"What do you want me to say Landry? That I'm thrilled? I'm not. I feel blindsided by this! A baby was never part of the equation!"

Increasingly frustrated and losing control, he tried in vain to regain his composure, "I don't turn my back on my responsibilities. Damn it Landry, you should have told me. I need to figure this out."

Feeling more hopeful, at least he hadn’t stalked off in a rage, and she knew Ryan would stand by her and their child, Landry paused. It might be a mistake to push it, but she had to know. "Do you love me Ryan," she asked him pointedly.

Ryan hesitated. It was a simple question with a complicated answer. He knew what love felt like; he had been in love once long before he met Landry. He was in love now. To answer her honestly would break her heart.

Besides, Landry's heart was not the only one Ryan was thinking about. How would Beth…no he could not think about that now. Nevertheless, he could not turn away from Landry or his responsibility to his child.

Ryan stood there arms folded and eyes reflecting the turmoil he felt in his heart. He glanced away briefly and then looked into her eyes and answered, "You already know how I feel about you. I'll take care of you both."

"Ryan," she repeated softly, "that is not what I asked you. Do you love me?" Landry searched his face for the truth. It hit her with a force she did not expect. "Oh god you're in love with her…with Beth aren't you?"

She was going to push him beyond reason. Eyes narrowed, he glared at her. "Do not go there with me Landry, you know better than to insinuate that shit," Ryan growled. "None of this is about Beth or anyone else. This is about you and me."

The steady vibration of his cell pulled him back. As he glanced down at the caller ID his muscles relaxed a bit and the tension left his face.

Drawing a deep breath, he placed the phone near his ear and hesitated as he heard a small child giggling in the background.

"Beth, what's up…yeah, what time…no this isn't a bad time…all right, I'll be there." The smile on his face infuriated Landry even more. What did she need him for this time, to carry her groceries?

Hanging up he looked at Landry and told her, "We'll work things out when I get home. I need to go to work." "You've got to be kidding me!" she yelled. "We're having a baby Ryan! You are not walking out of here now to go be with Beth! Are you having an affair with her? Cooper will cut off your balls, you know that?"

The woman was getting on his last frayed nerve. Ryan spun around, furious and shouted back, "I said don't go there damn it! I'm not having an affair! This is my fucking job!"

"And this is your fucking baby Ryan which ought to be more important than Beth! What happens if she decides to fly off to Venice or Sydney while I'm having this baby! You're just going to pack a bag and take off?"

Biting back hard on his anger Ryan shoved his hands in his back pockets unwilling to argue further, as he growled, "We are not doing this now Landry. I said we'll work this out when I get home!"

Landry followed him out the double doors furious. "How dare you walk away like this? Ryan! This isn't finished!"

"Yes, it is," his deep voice rumbled as he steadily walked away.

"Ryan!" Landry screamed after him as he stormed toward the SUV.

--------------------

NEXT CHAPTER: Stage Chapter 29

18 comments:

Phoenix January 9, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Daaaaaaaang!! That's crazy! This was one heart wrenching chapter Gayl! I was really hoping that Ryan would open his eyes and see that Landry is in love with him and Beth isn't going to leave Cooper!

A relationship like theirs will always been off balance. When one is putting more into the relationship than the other...well it'll never work. You just get bitter, or end up like Landry. Hurt, anger and a baby on the way with a man who doesn't love you.

This chapter was...it's hard to put into words. And...I can't BELIEVE he answered he phone and was talking like nothing was wrong! That, if nothing else, should tell Landry something.

She'll never completely have Ryan. And if I were her I wouldn't be waiting for him to come home.

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

Oh .. this was such a powerful chapter. I felt so sorry for Landry. I'd been wondering about her and my heart constricted at Ryan's reaction. Then he wouldn't answer her question about loving her. That broke my heart. The realisation of him being in love with Beth, and that last scene ... I was deeply shocked that he would walk away from her like that in the middle of a conversation about his baby, his kid. I know he didn't plan for it but still ... Poor Landry.

And if Ryan never really loved her or saw a future with her, why the heck did he keep seeing her and giving her hope. He should have come straight out with it and cut all ties before it got to this stage.

If he does end up marrying her, it would be a loveless marriage I think. They would make each other miserable, her never trusting him and him always pining for what he can't have.

thewynd January 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Thank you Beth...for everything. I feel bad for both of them. This is a terrible situation to be in. Landry knew this could go either way. But I believe she will fight for him.

thewynd January 10, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

It was heart wrenching wasn't it Cheryl? Ryan knows Landry loves him. Their relationship has been easy and comfortable all this time. It's hard to say what kind of conversation they would have had when he came home if it hadn't been for the baby topic. Ryan recognized his feelings were changed and probably would have done something about it. Now he has more responsibility and he won't walk out on it.

Landry has never really completely had Ryan, she just doesn't know that. If I ever delve into their past, his past, that would all come out.

thewynd January 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Chari thanks! I feel bad for Lan myself and I have sympathy for Ryan as well. He is not convinced that Cooper won't stray from Beth and he has a close bond with her.

I think that Ryan would have told Landry about his feelings toward her except for the fact that she had news of her own first. He is not a heartless bastard and their relationship has always been convenient for both of them as well as mutually beneficial. He couldn't say that he loves her because he doesn't love her, not in the way she wants and is asking. As I told Beth when we talked about this, if you have to ask, you already know the answer.

I'm not even sure that Ryan will tell Beth what is going on just now. He keeps things pretty close to the chest. And I can't see Ryan marrying her out of obligation. That would be wrong for all of them. But it would be rather dramatic...

cheripye January 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

This was filled with explosive emotions!

I feel so for Landry, she is pregnant and in essence alone. The more I see of her character the more I like her. She seems very level headed and steady in her self.

Although I also feel for Ryan, it was wrong of her whether she wanted the last hurrah or not, to hold this from him. 80)

The argument scenes, were extraodinary! My heart rate actually increased, LOL! And wow! what a ridiculous thing to do! I am quite disappointed in Ryan, 'No it's not a bad time' that if anything shows where his loyalties lie. Here he and Landry are in the midst of discussing the rest of their lives and he is dropping everything to go to work. 80) I would blame her if she up and packed her stuff. lol!

Absolutely Wonderful update, so powerful and on the edge of your seat.
And Beth the Pictures were Stunning!!!

You two are a GREAT Team!

thewynd January 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Cherie don't feel too bad for Landry, she has in essence been alone a lot longer than people realize. Ryan is a bodyguard, he is gone a lot and always has been. Their relationship has always been loose and comfy. And Ryan will not desert her or their child. He isn't like that.

It will be interesting to watch this thread unfold so stay tuned.

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

I actually think Landry is probably better off seeing all the cards laid out like that now. They have both in their own way been using each other this whole time, and at least now she can move on, or at the very least change her focus to getting ready to be a mother. There is quite a bit of anger and blame between them, but I get the inkling that most of it is each of them being angry with themselves for letting things carry on as they have been.

Emily January 11, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Hmmm, don't really know what to say! This chapter really has me confused as to how I feel now! :D

First off I guess I will compliment you on such a powerful piece of writing and again, wonderful shots Beth did to match. And someone moved the security camera? Do I sense more trouble with a crazy stalker?!!

It's no secret I'm not crazy about Ryan, his attitude and the things he does irritate me. But I can't blame him too much either for the way he reacted, it completely blindsided him. However, I don't think he really would have preferred to hear it over the phone, that would have just been wrong.

I do feel sorry for Landry but mostly because she's been deluding herself that he might love her. She knew better deep down and if I were her, I'd say to hell with him and find a new love in the child she has to raise. I don't think I'd wait around to see if things work out-I seriously doubt they will for them.

I also think that Ryan is in for a rude awakening. In a sense, he's putting himself through the same thing Landry was by falling in love with Beth. Should be interesting how this all pans out when Cooper returns. (Which I can't wait for by the way! I feel so bad for Beth having to be away from him all this time, it's really been emotionally draining for her.)

Really great update and I'm still scratching my head as to how I feel about these two! :D

thewynd January 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Thanks goodbye_sun, it is better that everything is laid out. Landry knew deep down this wasn't going to go over well. You are right about their anger; it is much more to themselves than each other because their relationship has been spinning in place for a long time.

thewynd January 11, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Emily, hopefully I can clear up some of the confusion. Ryan's line of work requires a certain attitude and he has been gone for long stretches of time in the past. His primary focus is keeping someone safe from fans, photographers, and crazy people in general. Beth is not supposed to go anywhere (per Cooper's instructions) without him. While hearing the news over the phone may not seem like the best way to be informed of impending fatherhood, he was in Paris for less than a week. The rest of the time he was in Oceanside, which at best is a long drive, a drive Landry could have made.

Yes, Landry is deluding herself. She has always known deep down what they had. Again, if you need to ask someone if they love you, you already know the answer. However, Ryan and Landry are both strong people and together or separate, they will be loving parents. Since I didn't write much back story, I suppose their relationship can be looked at in several ways. They have always had a casual, comfortable relationship with a very strong sexual presence (for lack of a better word). With or without the pregnancy news, they both knew things had changed between them and I strongly suspect a conversation would have occurred about that very thing.

I also believe that Ryan's eyes are wide open with regard to Beth. He is not clinging to hopes that are unrealistic but if Cooper decides to chase something else (which I strongly doubt) Ryan will be there for Beth. Is he waiting round for that? No, he is a very realistic man.

The phone call and how it was handled seems to carry a lot of weight with everyone. So let me say that while Ryan cares for Beth she is still, directly or indirectly, his employer. I know that she would prefer not to have a guard at all. However, her husband wants to insure her safety as well as the safety of their children. I highly doubt she is calling to invite him for lunch. She has a business as well as other things that she needs to attend. Not so sure it would go over well for him to say he is in the middle of an argument and can she wait…

I hope that clears up some confusion for you Emily, as well as for anyone else who was scratching their head over this chapter.

Mao January 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Wow, Gayl, wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this! But it needed to happen, it really did. Landry needed to know, it's a shame it had to come down to her being pregnant for her to truly see. This can't end well, not with Ryan stepping out like that, not with poor Landry's heart breaking.

It's a bad situation all around, no one will win here. You did an excellent job showing that. Many kudos to you and Beth!

Emily January 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

:D LOL, well I wasn't scratching my head so much in confusion, just waffling. I can't decide whether I feel sorry for them, who I feel more sorry for or if I feel sorry at all! :D

The way the argument went down was just such an emotionally stirring piece that it left me feeling so many things I can't even describe. (Which is good, I love reading things that stir me up inside!) I just don't know who's side I'd pick in that argument.

I agree about the phone call thing, I'm sure it's something important and it wouldn't be good for him to not go.

I still can't believe, and I'll say it again, how powerful this chapter was. It takes so much to write something this emotional, I couldn't do it. :D

It truly is a brilliant piece of work Gayl.

S.B. January 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
KDSGS January 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Very intense emotionally. Ryan. Well, as a character goes, he comes across (at least to me) as cool, standoffish, all business. But underneath lurks a passionate man, the red-hair tells no lies, also love the adorable sprinkle of freckles across his nose.

That said, he is is a real pickle. But he does not love this girl, nor do I think he ever said so. (I could be wrong, can't remember) Seemed to me a purely physical relationship. His love/lust for Beth will go no where, as I see it.
Hopefully, another woman somewhere down the line will reach his buried heart.
He is an interesting character, seems to have a lot of baggage. I don't dislike him, but he intrigues me.

Those shots, dear God, great job Beth~! You know how I love the pool table shots~inspired!
Love how Ryan just sidles right up to Beth, and she does not back down, stares him straight in the eye. But she IS playing with fire.

The confrontation between Ryan and Landry was so real, so raw. And that aching question 'Do you love me' I think she has her answer. The way his face lit up over Beth's untimely call...LOL! THAT speaks volumes!
Well written, the shots beyond awesome.
Great work as always you guys!
Cheers *clink*

S@n January 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Ryan go to hell...

Landry have your baby and be happy...you wont be the first or last woman to be a single mother... and I bet you will do a wonderful job!!!

well we can't force Ryan to love a woman he doesn't love or to want a child he never planned...

Landry knew him, she knew what kind of relationship they had... it is stupid to believe he would be happy with the news...

It was a fantastic masterpiece... with a great twist...

A baby sure changes it all...

You and Beth have sure created a wonderful universe... so real, so dramatic and powerful that is just addictive!!!

Wonderful done!!!
and I think I'm all caught up with yours and Beth's stuff!!! :D

It was a wonderful and very entertaining read!!! Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic story for us!!!

Colliegirl January 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I must agree, if I were Landry, I wouldn't be waiting around for him either. What an insensitive jerk. She can't have known too long, if her pregnancy hasn't begun to even show yet! I must say Ryan is more considerate with Beth and her emotional outbursts and unpredictable behavior... and she's pregnant too... but she's not going to be the mother of his child. There's something wrong with this picture.

Actually, unplanned pregnancies happen quite a lot. I should know. It's happened to me twice. The pill is not guaranteed to always be 100% effective. It only works 96% to 97% of the time, even then quirky things can happen. Sometimes those little buggers can be very determined! LOL! Poor Landry. I felt so sorry for her. But, she knew that he no longer had any serious feelings for her. He tried to tell her so quite some time ago, so why did she continue to pursue a relationship with him? Such a foolish girl. Now an unwanted child is involved.

However, I must say that I'm surprised. She's such a beautiful girl, and she's obviously deeply devoted to him. What's not to like about her? Has Ryan lost his mind??? Forget about Beth! She doesn't want you! Get over her! LOL!

I'm very interested to see how this little scene further plays out!

thewynd January 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Drew: Ryan is a very passionate man indeed and he is in a relationship with a woman he does not love, who wants more from him than he has for her. It is sad but Landry is a strong woman. Where they end up and with whom remains to be seen.

Sandy, you're right, Landry knew what she had with Ryan. They are both in a physical relationship that is more one-sided emotionally. They can both be good parents to their child whether they are together or apart.

Tammy: They sure do happen, unplanned pregnancies that is. Landry is beautiful in body and mind but if the love isn't there, it just doesn't matter. Sometimes we can't help who we love, but I do know that Ryan will be a good father to their child whether they are together or not.

And I want to say thanks to everyone who has commented here. I feel like I have done well as a writer if what you read here draws some sort of reaction good or bad! Thank you all!


No rules, no guidelines, no forums...just support.

A fresh start...

No longer haunted by shadows, Cooper Stanfield emerges from the dark and looks to the future. A new daughter, a son now in college, the demons of his past finally laid to rest...

Author's Note

The Other Side of the Stage is a continuation of where Dark December left off. It is a new direction and a new look at the lives of the residents of Bay View, South Beach, and Millwood. While this is primarily focused on Cooper Stanfield, chapters may focus on the supporting characters ~ their lives, loves, and adventures.


  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP