Chapter 27 ~ Les Etoiles
Hotel Astor Saint Honore ~ 11 Rue d'Astorg: Wednesday 8:30PM

The Hotel Astor Saint Honore in Paris was the ideal location for the European leg of their world tour. It was situated in the heart of Paris on the edge of the Rive Droite near the Louvre, the famed Moulin Rouge as well as haute couture shopping and the Opera Garnier where the band would perform.

Settling into his suite, Cooper stared out into the Paris night. It was truly the city of lights, the cool evening sky clear and crisp, reflections dancing off the Seine as couples strolled along the romantic river's edge. His eyes wandered along the luminous expanse of the Champs Elysse as his imagination drifted toward thoughts of Beth. He was tense, lonely and he missed having her in his bed.

Stepping away from the window Cooper looked around. He was tired and stiff from the flight and the long ride from the De Gaulle airport as he rubbed the back of his neck absently. Noticing the massage table in his room, Cooper smiled slightly as he picked up the phone and dialed the front desk.


"Bon soir Monsieur," her voice was soft and airy, "Nous commencent?" Cooper's French was limited but he had no problem understanding her or communicating his needs.

As he led her into his suite he answered, "Absolument."
Selene's Suite ~ 10PM

Selene reclined on the plush sofa in her hotel room and watched Heydon with veiled interest as he stood before her shifting his weight uncomfortably. She would have liked it if he joined her on the couch but he had been surprisingly resistant to her ample charms and kept a physical distance from her.

Not that she wouldn't eventually have him; Selene enjoyed the chase. The ones that were hard to get were almost always the most satisfying for her and Heydon had not given an inch to her.

Selene liked Heydon's looks, dark, brooding, and with those intensely dark sapphire eyes. He was tall, sinewy and well defined with an agility that would be most enjoyable and those long fingers...she watched as her impatiently flexed them and imagined what he could do with them.

She shivered slightly at the thought of ravaging him on her bed, or right there on the couch if he took one or two steps closer. Smiling, she imagined the moment when he finally gave in to her.

His tenor voice interrupted her daydreams abruptly, "You said you had the contract for me to look over Selene." In a carefully fluid movement, Selene rose and approached him taking in his scent. He was weakening and she intended to have him tonight. She wet her lips and looked up at him, "The contract is over on the table next to my bed Heydon."

Heydon picked it up and examined it briefly. "It's as we discussed but have your attorney look it over if you like…or your business manager." Now that would be interesting, Slim and Heydon…she played with that thought for a bit her desires increasing at the thought. "Let's celebrate then, shall we? I have champagne chilling over by the hot tub." Selene sat on the pink travertine tiles and slowly crossed her legs.

Folding his arms Heydon's jaw tight, he paused and then responded somewhat flatly, "I didn't bring my swim trunks." The hesitation in his voice was all she needed, "Heydon…we're both adults and I'm not shy. Join me." Stepping as close to him as she dared, she undid one button of her top and waited.

"I have a wife Selene," his conviction faltering with every button.

"I know dear, so we certainly don't need to worry about commitment, do we?" Heydon's mouth opened slightly as if to speak but no words formed. "Honestly, it's just some champagne and a hot tub Heydon." Laughing, she pulled at his shirt urging him to follow suit and then removed the rest of her clothing slipping into the bubbling hot water.

Swallowing hard, Heydon thought of Peri. Inevitably, the sight of her in Danny's arms clouded the vision. He had been faithful all these years and it was never enough to convince her to let go of the past. The accusations that Danny hurled at him resonated. Maybe he was second choice.

Not this time. Pulling off his clothes he quickly joined Selene. "Here's to a mutually beneficial merger," she toasted as her eyes darted along his abdomen and further. He certainly didn't disappoint. Downing the glass of champagne that awaited him Heydon's eyes darkened with desire as he took her in his arms.
Park on the Champs Elysee ~ Friday 2PM

The rain had let up a bit exposing a crisp Paris sky as Cooper walked along the avenue to clear his head. He ended up wandering through a quiet park and saw her sitting near a reflecting pool alone and picking absently at the grass near her hip.

“Is this seat taken?” his gravelly voice startled her from her reverie.

Looking up, Stevie smiled warmly. For most people, a friendly relationship with a former lover would be awkward but for Cooper and Stevie, theirs was a bond that transcended their past sexual connection. Stevie had been a lifeline to Cooper when he needed one. Above all else, she had been a friend, and they remained close. It was a relationship that the tabloids continually tried to fuel and speculate on and one in which they had both refused to discuss. As a result, the rumors persisted.

“So where is Shaun?” he asked as he sprawled comfortably next to her in the grass. Stevie laughed softly, “He is such a tourist Cooper. He’s off taking pictures with the new digital camera he bought at the corner shop near the hotel.”

Cooper continued to watch the ripples in the pool as a slight breeze picked up. “And he left you here to wait? Why aren’t you with him Stevie?” Her expression changed slightly, “I’m tired Coop. It looked peaceful here; anyway he won’t be gone that long. He’s like a watch dog ever since I got pregnant.” Stevie grasped a handful of grass and yanked it hard out of the ground, a gesture that did not go unnoticed by Cooper.

“He thinks I’m pushing too hard,” she muttered. “Somehow I don’t think having a man who cares about your welfare is a bad thing.” Stevie looked away sighing, but she said nothing in response. “There’s more to it isn’t there…Stevie no one is going to replace you. You have to look at this logically. How long do you think you can do what you do before it becomes too much physically?”

She turned to look at him, eyes watering but her jaw set. “It isn’t just now Coop; what about afterwards when the baby comes? How can I work with a baby in tow? I can’t do this…I won’t be a good mother…what mother in her right mind would care about a career over a child?”

Rising, Stevie walked toward a fountain, reached into her pocket and tossed a coin into it with more force than necessary. Cooper watched her for a long moment before speaking gently, “Stevie, it’s normal to have doubts about parenting but you know you can make it work.”

Turning to face him once more Stevie’s voice broke as she confessed, “I’m afraid, Cooper. I’m going to be the worst mother ever! I don’t know how to take care of a baby!” She searched his face hoping for some reassurance.


He took her in his arms carefully, “If there is one thing I know about you, it is that you are very good at taking care of people who need you. You will be a great mom Stevie. Don’t worry about the rest; you work around what is important, you, Shaun, and the baby. The music will always be there. In fact, it could even get better.”

Feeling a little lighter than she had before, Stevie smiled at Cooper, "Thanks Coop." Seeing Rafe beyond Coop's shoulder, she greeted him, "Oh hey Rafe!" An awkward silence fell as Coop turned and saw him standing there arms folded and an accusatory expression on his face. "There's Shaun…Coop, thanks again." Glancing briefly at Rafe, Stevie hurriedly walked away.

The two men glared at each other. "Still got the game going, don't you?" Rafe's voice was a low, menacing growl. Cooper stood tense and shot back, "You have no idea what you're talking about. There is no game; Stevie and I are just friends." They stood there neither one giving ground, an explosive combination of distrust and animosity.

The skies clouded and rain threatened once more as Cooper pushed past Rafe and walked away in a mood that had quickly gone sour. Rafe watched him, furious, "No game my ass."
The Hotel Saint-Honore Bar ~ Friday Evening

Rafe ordered a cocktail and slid into a chair near the corner of the bar. Only a few weeks into the tour and he was already tired of travelling. He missed his kids; Randi was growing like a weed. And Nic…Rafe shook his head at the mischief Nic was probably getting into while he was away.

Not that Gayl would tell him if things were hard for her. She wouldn't want him to worry. Which made him worry all the more. But she sounded good, distracted but happy. And he missed her, a lot.

Taking a swallow he considered working on his next piece for Rolling Stone when a flash of jewelry and the strong scent of expensive perfume wafted by him. Rafe watched, amused, as a pair of tanned, shapely legs made their way toward his table. She was dressed to kill, obviously on the prowl for something to feed on.

This should be interesting, he thought as he made eye contact with Selene, watching her. She hesitated momentarily stunned by the intensity of his gaze and then continued forward. Glancing down at his left hand she returned the gaze and smiled, "You look like you could use a drinking partner. Mind if I join you?"

Rafe sat back still holding her gaze with those laser eyes, "Don't you have someone's husband to hit on?" Selene slithered into the seat next to him and placed her hand gently on top of his covering the ring on his finger, "I thought I was," she purred.

So the lady wanted to play…

Rafe assessed the woman, not your ordinary garden variety snake, this one had some serious venom, but he had sharpened his teeth on much worse. Might be amusing to play with her a bit, like a cat with a ball of yarn, before dismissing her with the swipe of a big paw. Rafe had to be careful though; this one had connections he needed to remain intact. "What did you have in mind?" the unexpected rumble of his voice caused Selene to tremble slightly.

Selene surveyed the room before suggesting they take their drinks to the balcony. Rafe looked out at the twinkling Paris lights, a setting that under different circumstances he would have found romantic and seductive. He turned leveling that nuclear stare back on Selene; this was too easy and he was already tiring of her.

He got right up next to her, any closer and Rafe would have been wearing her. The heat she felt from his proximity made Selene's knees go weak. Damn, the man was too delicious! The sexual tension was agonizing but she knew the outcome would be extremely satisfying for both of them.

"Perhaps you'd like to enjoy the view from my hotel room?" her quivering voice hardly able to speak. Rafe moved in closer until his mouth was mere centimeters from hers. She gasped, vibrating with desire and poised for what she expected to be an electrifying kiss. "If I was remotely interested, lady I'd have already taken you."

Stepping back slightly, trying to recover some composure yet still breathing heavily Selene tried to play the rejection down some, "Well played Rafe. Are you as good at your job as you are at seducing women?" Folding his arms across his broad chest he continued to watch her as a slight smile curved his mouth. "I'm good at everything I do."

Turning on the heel of his boot, Rafe headed back for the bar. Selene licked her lips and watched him walk away, disappointed. "I hope they're paying you a fortune," she mused.

Rafe's expression changed slightly as he saw Cooper who had been watching him with some interest. Acknowledging him with a nod, Rafe headed for the door. Turning toward Selene, Cooper questioned her, "What's going on here Selene?" She smiled slightly, "Sadly, nothing. The man turned me down flat."

"Really…" Cooper turned, surprised, and looked in the direction that Rafe had last been.

Looking back at Selene, Cooper found her regarding him with interest, "Don't even think about it Selene," he cautioned her. Laughing as she smoothly turned toward the bar, Selene countered, "You two don't know what you're missing."

Cooper stared out at the evening sky, his expression melancholy, "Yeah…I do."

Opera de Garnier Paris ~ Saturday 9:30PM

Pacing like a caged animal Cooper whipped out his cell phone and called her again. "Damn it!" Forcefully flipping the phone shut he briefly considered hurling it against the wall when a long forgotten memory hit him hard.

Sucking in a breath, almost choking on it, he remembered the last time he felt this way. It was years, light years, in the past. "Shake it off," he told himself. "You aren't that same guy anymore."

"Coop, what's wrong?" Slim's voice was fraught with concern. Running his hands absently through his hair Cooper muttered, "It's nothing. I've been on edge all day; I need to let off some steam. I haven't felt this anxious since… I feel like something is going to happen."

Looking up, trying to mask his worry and failing he explained, "I can't reach Beth…I've been trying all day…I always call her before a performance. It's just…she isn't picking up. Her phone goes straight to voicemail; Ryan's phone goes straight to voicemail."

Turning away from Slim, Cooper smiled focused on the ornate blue love seat he had been reclining on, "I'm sure it's nothing. Wyatt would have called…someone would have called if there was a problem."
Slim's jaw worked furiously knowing what was filling Coop's imagination. Slim had to pull him back hard, get Coop to focus. "Coop, you know there's no reason to worry about Beth. Come on, man, they probably don't have service at the beach house. You know how the weather has been there. Call her after the show and then we'll go light up the town."

"Five minutes guys," a male voice cut through the silence. Aidan strolled over his movements slow and easy, with Danny and Aidan following close behind. Cooper reluctantly joined them as the band made their way toward the stage.

Cooper could hear the muffled noise in the arena. The place was humming in anticipation as Cooper tuned everything else out except the noise, the smells, and the frenetic atmosphere.

Suddenly realizing he still had his cell firmly gripped in his hand he turned to Slim, "Take this for me?" Once more Cooper allowed the din to fill him up as the chants began to slowly rise. He was in the moment now, the one they wanted. Eyes on fire, music pumping through his body, the rock monster prepared to take the stage.
![]()
Slim watched as the band made their way out to the darkened stage, eyes narrowed. He headed out toward the front entrance and the grand staircase wanting to take in the sights and sounds from the uppermost balcony. Glancing down at the cell which had begun to vibrate in his hands he hesitated and then answered.



"Why didn't you let me know you were coming?" Slim chastised her, happy to see her and highly irritated at the same time. "Coop's been frantic and temperamental all night; he's been trying to reach you! You should have called him Beth."

Hardly able to contain her excitement, the anticipation of seeing him, holding him and so much more, Beth answered breathlessly, "I know, but I wanted to surprise him. Are we late?" She peered into the doorway eyes alight with sheer happiness.

Relenting, Slim ushered her to the door, "No, they are just going on." From the distance Beth could hear a voice over the PA, "Mesdames et messieurs, l'opéra Garnier est heureuses de se présenter pour la première fois sur notre étape, Mercury Rising!" Motioning to her to enter Slim turned his attention to Ryan who had hung back by the limo. Glowering at him, Slim barked, "I've got it from here; you can take off."

Beth turned; her eyes locked with Ryan's briefly, as she spoke, adamant, "You're not leaving him out here Slim." Without taking his eyes off of him, Slim waited, considered arguing and then gestured to a stage hand, "Get him a pass."

As Ryan stepped past him, Slim growled in a voice low enough that Beth wouldn't overhear, "Better watch your step, McDermott." Pausing, Ryan looked directly at Slim, "I think I'm familiar enough with the rock scene, thanks." Firmly gripping his bicep, Slim warned, "You better not get too familiar with this one." Shrugging him off Ryan fired back, "I don't fucking work for you Slim; don't put your hands on me again."

Enraptured with the scene on stage, Beth hardly noticed the flurry of activity behind her. Barely able to contain the thrill of being so close to him, she watched Cooper work the room with sensual moves as his deep, rough voice seduced the crowd, the effect certainly not lost on her any more than the screaming throng of fans.

Beth shivered as she lost herself in the moment. The music thrummed inside her, the lights, the heat and most importantly, the man whose sheer proximity made her pulse rapidly increase. Tossing her thick wavy hair back, she closed her eyes and smiled, completely ravished by the music, moving in complete ecstasy.

Edgy and irritable Ryan watched Beth from the shadows as she stood behind the curtain shielding the stage. Taking a step closer he studied her movements, her hair moving against her shoulders and the way that tight leather mini-dress hugged her curves, the gentle sway of her hips, the way she shifted her weight from one long leg to the other.

Beth turned briefly and smiled at him returning her attention once more to her husband. She looked luminous. Ryan tensed as the memories of the previous night came flooding back.

Ryan watched Cooper on stage working the crowd, more convinced than ever that she was fooling herself. Catching movement from the corner of his eye, he turned and stood face to face with Rafe who acknowledged him briefly, "Beth dragged you to Paris? Does he know she's here?" Ryan continued to watch her, catching the animosity in Rafe's tone but giving nothing away, "It was a last minute decision; you don't think Coop will be happy to see her?"

Watching her through narrowed eyes and concerned for her, Rafe commented dryly, "This certainly ought to be interesting…"

Cooper's voice filled the arena, the heavy wail of guitars and the rhythmic pulse of drums driving him. His body was drenched with sweat from the intense heat of the lights coupled with their pyrotechnic display. It was intoxicating; he was on fire, his entire being consumed with a sexual tension whose forceful release came through his music.

Glancing up at the balconies, he hesitated, caught off balance by the silhouette of a woman. Beth? Cooper had been obsessed with the feeling that she was with him ever since he took the stage; now he was hallucinating. Shaking it off, he continued with the last song in the set.

Cooper's body vibrated as the crowd went wild. An overwhelming feeling overcame him as he turned briefly and peered beyond Aidan, his eyes deceiving him once more. Was it the powerful need to be with his wife or the lights playing tricks? He was seeing her, feeling her everywhere.

Blinking several times, unwilling to trust his sight, he finally managed to focus on her standing there wearing the tightest black leather dress he had ever seen. The rest of the song was a blur; damn if that was her, was it her? Had to be, nobody else hit him like that, how fast could he get through this and over there…

She strolled toward him, the black leather clinging to every curve of her body, laughing, "Hey there biker boy, I thought I'd drop by." And then fell into his arms, sliding her hands down his back, fingertips slipping down past his chain belt and then up his back, caressing his neck, tangling in his hair, and he could feel the tremor, she was shaking.

"It really is you…I'm not dreaming?" his mouth moved against hers, lips teasing, tasting, desperately wanting her right now. "I love you…" they murmured against each other as their bodies entwined in a passionate kiss.

"Coop, you've still got an encore," Slim's voice cut through the emotional reunion. Cooper reluctantly pulled back but held her gaze, his seductive smile promising her everything, passion and raw need, as he sprinted out one last time.

He turned, feeling lighter than he had in a long while. Cooper's imagination was already back in that hotel room with Beth, he wasn't going to let her out of that big bed, not if he had anything to say about it. Deep emotion, lust, love, he was high on all of it.

Stepping off the stage Cooper pulled Beth into another passionate embrace he softly spoke as he placed fevered kisses against her lips, "I knew it; I felt it, felt you here." Rafe moved forward, arms crossed and glaring at Cooper the entire time. His voice sliced through the moment, "Nice performance," he mocked. "And the one on stage was great too."
------------------------
NEXT CHAPTER: Rising Above Chapter 5
19 comments:
WOW!!! You're screens were fantastic! You set up the whole scene and feel of the entire chapter with just the opening shots!
I'm floored at how amazing this story is! All the tension going on between so many people. The currents and undertones...LOL! I still have to play catch up with other chapters but this one...
I just couldn't resist jumping ahead! You have a wonderful story here Gayl!
Oops! For some reason it posted the same comment twice so I deleted it! Sorry Gayl!!
WOW! The writing, the descriptions every thing makes me feel like I am standing right there!
And Heydon, Run… AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Sneaking, conniving snake in the grass! And for him to actually fall for Danny’s snide BS comment. Oh well what can you say or do, especially when faced with such a woman. I have to admit, Selene is beautiful… Although I think he is going to feel horrid if he does go through with this. 80)
Cooper and Stevie are so sweet, I adore their friendship and he seems so wise. Although I don’t have children, I am sure every mother to be feels the uncertainty at times. And I LOVE how she is giving herself so wholly to this! Rafe’s face was priceless, his stance, LOL! He looked like he was wondering too about the extent of their relationship. 80) And the animosity, it is so tense… I can almost taste it! What do they have against eachother anyhow. Oh duh! Beth and Tony… Scratch the last part, LOL!
LMAO!!! “don’t you have someone’s husband to hit on,” LOL! I love it, Sorry snake, I don’t think your going to slither your way into this ones attention. So Rafe does have a bit of Gabe in him after all. Love how he’s toying with her yet remaining collected. LOL! And I love the way he shot her down. BRAVO!
Hmm… Interesting twist there, is it possible Cooper may very well be changing his mind about Rafe??? I am sure you will tell us all sooner or later. 80)
Oh hooray! Beth and Cooper re-unite!!! I cant believe it, I am so very excited… And the tension between her and ryan… I cant wait to find out what she is trying to ignore! The concert scenes, the descriptions. I really felt like I was there listening to him sing. Lol! And had to laugh when he thought he was hallucinating. 80)
Absolutely stunning update! Beautiful tense and Gorgeous Screens!!! BRAVO!!!
Whoa, Gayl, what a beast this one was! But a lovely one. Great build-up.
That Selene is something else, isn't she? Heydon, what have you done? Are you truly so blind? Sigh. And then she tries to get her claws into Rafe! This woman doesn't know when to quit, does she? Glad Rafe cut her down a peg.
Cooper and Stevie--that was sweet. And reassuring. They really are just friends, too bad Rafe doesn't agree. Stevie's worries are understandable, but hopefully she'll be more comfortable with the idea as time goes on.
Beth and Ryan arriving! That was great and tense, and I loved your description of Beth listening and watching... and Ryan, too. I still want to know what happened and it is still so up in the air! I simply can't wait to find out.
Great job with the shots, Gayl, and the atmosphere. You're getting really good with these concerts and catching the vibe!
Beth, thank you. I am so grateful to have gotten through this one. As for the masseuse...hehe well this isn't Hotel California so I think he managed to get rid of her this time around...although this visit was frustrating.
Heydon is worn down. And I doubt she is going to cut him loose any time soon.
I hesitated when it came to that parallel but it was a prime example of the change and growth in Cooper. This time it is different.
Rafe...what can I say...that meeting could have gone either way. He WAS enjoying himself.
Slim suspects everyone and is very protective, especially of Cooper. But yeah, he was a bit cold...hehe
I have to say whenever I have C and B in the same scene, they are so easy to work with. I get exactly what I need.
This was long and I did leave out a lot of stuff but it worked!
Thank you again for everything. Not just the park...
No worries Phoenix! I do that all the time. Thank you so much for the comments on my shots. I am learning slowly but surely to get them right. I know there is a lot to read! But I do appreciate it.
Beth and I try hard to make it as easy as possible to follow with the ToC but it is a daunting task to get up to speed. It will help though to understand the characters and story threads.
Cherie, I am so glad it felt like you were really there! I feel like I am doing something right with my writing!
Heyon, poor guy and Selene is a real predator, a voracious appetite for men.
I have always liked the relationship between Coop and Stevie. She is really unique. Rafe and Coop have some issues and let's leave it at that for now! LOL!
As for Rafe having a bit of Gabe in him, I have to say it's the other way around. Gabe has tried very hard to model some of his persona after Rafe. There was a lot of envy there.
Thank you again for the compliments! It really means a lot.
Mao, this was a total beast. But thank you. I have been learning a lot, or trying to at least, in order to make my shots project the right feeling. Capturing what it is like on stage, off stage, etc. the lights, the decor, all of it. It really helped to have been given so many tips to get the right atmosphere in the shots. I'm still a little below the curve but getting there.
Selene is a real piece of...work isn't she? As for Cooper and Stevie, they will always be close. She saved his life. There is a bond there of deep friendship. And I think she will be a good mother if she EVER gives birth.
As for B and Ryan...well time will tell what happened. I sure won't! ;)
Oh I am speechless here! Although I think Beth covered everything I was thinking! :D
Everything, just everything was beautiful, perfect and indescribably wonderful about this chapter.
Just to start, the shots! Oh my goodness you have some unbelievable ones in here! The stage, backstage, the park, the hotel, I ramble but each setting was gorgeous!
Poor Heydon, couldn't resist. He'll be lucky if he's not headed for a divorce now, didn't he accuse her of cheating before he left? Poor dumb guy. :(
Rafe is throwing quite the kink around Paris, isn't he? :D
I thought after seeing Cooper with Selene he was starting to believe him, guess not after his last remark! :D LOL! What a turd. Loved that scene where he gave the smackdown to the viper, she deserved it. Does she honestly think that all men cannot resist her? Yeah right.
Stevie & Cooper were so sweet to watch, I think she really needed to hear what he had to say.
Woah and go Slim! I don't like Ryan much so I LOVED him getting in his face! :D Ha ha ha ha ha!
Don't mess with the Slim! He obviously knows there is something amiss there and he cares about Cooper & Beth, I'm sure he would do anything he could to prevent something from happening.
And it must be that video you did but every time I see Coop on stage I hear Nickelback. And that man's voice drives me insane! That whole scene of him on stage with Beth watching was too sexy! And he finally gets to be with her! Yes! Although I have some doubt everything will go smoothly if she decides to have some kind of "we need to talk". :D
Wonderful chapter Gayl, just beautiful.
Thank you Emily! You know that expression from some movie, "We'll always have Paris" or something like that...I am SO GLAD Paris is behind me for the most part. Loved those gorgeous lots but it choked the life out of my PC every time I loaded my game.
Selene is just a man eater. She hits on everyone. Heydon seems to have something to prove doesn't he? It's going to bite him back though.
Stevie and Cooper have a deep bond of friendship. It's interesting because there are 3 bolts on both sides but neither ever attempts any romantic actions. They just really like each other as friends.
Slim is a sharp guy. And he always has Cooper's best interests in mind. How he saw what was going on is amazing to me.
Rafe and Cooper are like fire and ice. Will they ever get past their feelings and get along? Hard to say right now. I hope so.
And Coop and B in Paris, together! They absolutely glow!
Thanks again for reading Em. I really appreciate it.
I felt if I was IN Paris, you created the look and feel through your shots and your descriptive writing. That lot is a killer! Gasp!
And a lovely bonus, Coop in a towel!
Selene would work her way through the entire band if she could! What a predatory minx she is! And Heydon...well he tried to put up some resistance, but in the end, he was weak. Silly man. Palatable sexual tension you created!
A warm and companionable scene between Coop and Stevie. They have a rare relationship to be sure, such touching advice he gave her. *Sigh* Coop is near perfect! LOL!
Beautiful shots of the garden!
Love the daggers coming out between Rafe and Coop, the Lotharios and Stanfields are like oil and water! Fascinating!
And Rafe can still play the game, love the 'swat with his big paw' remark, this Selene deserves it, and no wonder she was affected by Rafe, walking sex bomb, like the rest of the Lotharios!
Love the surprise on Coop's face over Rafe's rejection of the minx, could they come out of this tour with a mutual respect?
And what can I say about the closing montage, the concert, Beth waiting breathlessly off stage, truly inspired. Ryan looking at Beth longingly, you almost feel sorry for him. Rafe with the smart remarks...LOL! I could hear Chad the lads voice in my head looking at Coop on stage...*sigh*
Great update gayl, as always, such care you take in the shots, the writing!
you ARE our Rock Queen, hands down!
*smacks Heydon* That’s about all that needs to be said there.
Great scene between Cooper and Stevie, she really needed that bit of encouragement.
Eek, between what Marc assumes and inferred to Wyatt about Beth and Ryan, and what Rafe thinks he saw going on with Stevie and then Selene, I’m imagining something to come of all that down the line. But even if it does Beth and Cooper do have something special, you could really see that in this chapter.
Let me first apologize for not responding here sooner. It's been tough keeping up with everything. Karen, thank you so much. I am not great with decor but I was proud of those hotel rooms, I must say. Of course I thank Beth for the fabulous park.
Selene is quite the mynx, you are right and I wouldn't be surprised if she has been through a band or two in her day. And Rafe is truly a walking sex bomb! He can turn it on and off whenever the mood strikes that's for sure. As to whether he and Coop walk away with any sort of understanding, I doubt that will happen soon.
I am glad that you can hear Chad the lad when the band is on stage. I had intended to use some music here but it didn't work out quite the way I planned. But yes, if you could hear Coop, you would hear a voice very much like Chad.
Thank you again Karen for the comments. I do love my rock!
Goodbye_sun you are so right to smack Heydon.
Coop and Stevie have a special friendship that I think will always be there. Mutual understanding and friendship.
There is a lot of assumption as to what Cooper does based on his past behavior. No one expects the monster rock star to be faithful to his wife, especially when he could have whatever he wanted, but there is a special connection between Coop and B.
Fantastic, awesome chapter!!!
Every bit of it was wonderful!!! I loved it...
Selene is reallya big time player (slut) she wants them all!!!!
Heydon, I'm kind of disappointed that he fell, but I saw it coming... let's see what happens next...
Stevie and Coop such a wonderful friendship! I know she will be a great mother, it is ok to be afraid.
Rafe LOL well played Rafe!!! I just love his personality, he sure knows what he got!!! He is a fantastic addition to this wonderful tour!!!
Ryan, poor Ryan, It must be so hard to watch Beth and Cooper kissing in front of him!
Beth and Cooper finally together!!!
Every scene was perfectly written, but my favorites are the ones of Cooper out singing in front of the crowd you really captured every emotion inside him!!! and then when he sees Beth, it is just perfect!!!
Bravo!!!
Wonderful update, I would love to say more but I have to catch up on the rest, lol I can't barely wait to go to next chapter!!!
I love every single shot in this one, the lighting was perfect!!!
Now that's more like it... Beth in Cooper's arms! They just seem like they were made for each other. Beth looked real HOT in that black dress! The look of pleasure and surprise on Coop's face told it all! They do say absence makes the heart grow fonder. LOL! In that case, they should both be in for a very good time together!
It was amazing how Slim could sense right away that Ryan was up to something. He doesn't ever miss much, does he? He really is a good friend to Cooper, and I would say, the backbone to the band.
I feel for Stevie. I have a pretty good inkling of the torment she's going through. I, myself, am a working mother. It is very hard to balance the care of a young child along with your career. And she has worries of whether she'll be a good mother or not. That is a good sign right there, I think, because she obviously cares. I am glad that she has Sean, and Coop as a good friend to assure her and lend her support.
I must say those stage scenes were well done. It was pretty cool to see the band in action. I could well imagine how Coop would sound as he sang his heart out! :D
Thanks Sandy. I really enjoyed this one as well. Heydon was a player before he met and married Peri. He is second guessing himself and his motives as well as Selene's. She is a she-devil for sure.
I especially loved getting those concert shots which I knew I would be taking for quite some time and wasn't sure how I was going to capture them. I am so glad they were effective.
Thank you Tammy. Beth in Cooper's arms is what they both want. Slim is a great friend and he knows how to read people. And sadly for Ryan, I think he is letting his heart show a bit too much.
Stevie is a bundle of nerves about the baby. She has always been so independent that it is hard for her see herself as a good parent. She'll be fine though.
And thanks for the compliment on the stage shots. I tried really hard to get those done correctly with the vision I had in my mind of what it should look like...
Post a Comment