Chapter 26 ~ Reverb
London: Heathrow Airport

It was gloomy at Heathrow when the trio disembarked and headed for the waiting limo. They sat in silence, getting through customs had taken longer than Slim had expected, and he was tired and irritable. Introducing Anya to the rest of the band would have to wait until the morning.

Slim glanced over at her; she managed to make it through the long flight without mishap. He found her engaging and intelligent; her mother had been an archaeologist before she died when Anya was 13, her father, a judge. She was an unusual beauty and Slim wondered how well she would handle herself on a tour with the fans, the roadies, the band members.
Royal Garden Hotel


Arriving at the hotel, Slim checked them in, got them settled in their rooms and headed to the lobby bar before he settled in for the night. It had been a long time since he had been on the road with Coop and the band, and the adrenaline was still pumping through his veins.

He sat at the bar, considering whether or not to make use of the hotel gym when a sultry voice interrupted his thoughts, "Well hello there Slim; I wondered when I might bump into you! Just like old times, isn't it?" Selene Coyle slid into the stool next to him and ordered a drink.

Glancing sideways at her, Slim barely cracked a smile as he nodded in greeting, "Not quite like old times," he answered.

Selene leaned toward him and spoke suggestively, "You look all wound up Slim. Maybe you need some strenuous activity to release all that…tension."

Slim had indulged in a brief but torrid affair with Selene when Mercury Rising had first hit it big but it had ended as rapidly as it had flared up, a white hot flash of seduction and lust that burned out just as quickly. Laughing he responded, "Those days are over, Selene. I'm not the same man you think I am."

She rose and stood dangerously close to Slim, "Pity…I remember those days vividly. Are you sure you don't want to indulge in a walk down memory lane?"

Rising, Slim looked squarely at her, so close that it took her breath away, "I don't think so Selene," his deep rumbling voice bringing her back to the present, "I'll see you at the reception. Goodnight." Slim leaned in close as if to say something before turning to walk away with a small satisfied grin.

O2 Arena Final Rehearsals - 2:45PM

Shaun and Stevie arrived at the arena early that afternoon with Tyler following close behind. This would be their last run-through before the opening show. Stevie paced restlessly still not in favor of the idea of a backup drummer following them around. She was more than capable of keeping her raging hormones in check.

Shaun knew better however having observed firsthand how Stevie would become lightheaded, queasy and the fatigue from being pregnant sapped her strength. The adrenaline alone, not to mention the vigorous task of a drummer, especially during a show, was dangerous in his mind. Shaun was not going to allow her to be reckless.

The band ran through a few songs when Slim arrived with Rafe and a young woman that all eyes focused on immediately. Anya watched them assess her with interest and tried not to feel intimidated by the attention. Shaun was the first to approach the group. He knew Slim had hired a woman, a fact that he avoided telling Stevie until the last possible moment.

Stretching his hand out to greet her, Shaun introduced himself, "Hey, I'm Shaun. We're looking forward to hearing what you've got." Anya was startled by the vividness of his eyes. She had seen Storm Warning perform but had never been this close; Anya had to admit it was unnerving.

"And I'm Stevie," pushing her way between them, tired and suddenly very prickly. "I know," Anya breathed, "I have been such a fan of yours since I first picked up a set of sticks. You have no idea how thrilled I am to be able to work with you and learn a few things."

Stevie eased up a little, still wary of the girl but not quite as on edge.

Rafe had gone over to where Tyler stood back casually watching the scene unfold. Although not friends, they were acquainted with each other. "Interesting girl," Rafe mused as he stood, arms folded, next to Tyler.

Saying nothing, Tyler grinned at him and shook his hand careful not to squeeze too hard. About the only thing Rafe and Tyler had in common was Amanda, a fact that left Rafe feeling more than a little pity where Tyler was concerned. He would have to buy the guy a few drinks later on.

At that moment, Cooper walked in and headed straight for the new arrivals, curious over the new girl and immensely relieved at seeing Slim. Glancing briefly at Rafe, Tyler strode lazily across the stage. Tyler recognized the wide-eyed apprehension in her face immediately, that star struck and overwhelmed expression.

In an effort to bring her focus back to the job at hand, Tyler suggested, "Why don't we get the stagehands to set your kit up and we'll run through a short set?" Grateful for the rescue, Anya quickly took Tyler's suggestion and headed toward her skins.

Stevie sat in front of the sound board and listened intently to the rehearsal. Although she would not admit it, she was grateful for the reprieve. Cooper sat next to for some moments without speaking. He knew what was going through her mind and hoped to ease her fears.

"She's not bad," Stevie broke the silence. "I'm more concerned with how you are Stevie. Are you feeling all right?" Cooper asked. "I'm not dying Cooper, I'm pregnant, no big deal," she retorted in a tone more barbed than she intended.

Cooper smiled inwardly, "Obviously being pregnant hasn't lessened your bite much."

Sitting to Cooper's right Slim acknowledged his friend with a grin as they continued to watch the set in silence. For the first time since he had arrived Cooper felt at ease.

The Ritz London 9:00PM - Palm Court

Gibson had spared no expense at the reception they arranged for the tour. Liquor was flowing freely from the bars, food was abundant, and music was playing as sponsors mingled with the artists, promoters, and limited press.

Selene watched Slim and Cooper as they mingled with the crowd. She ran her hands down the red silk of her dress never taking her eyes off the duo and walked slowly toward them.

"Are you enjoying yourselves gentlemen?" she asked. Cooper finished his drink and set it down as he responded, "Yes, immensely; Gibson seems to have pulled out all the stops to entertain us." Looking from Cooper to Slim and back again Selene laughed, "Gibson is interested in a long and prosperous relationship with Hitman Records and your band."

"Is that so?" Slim's gruff voice boomed. Selene lowered her eyelids demurely before looking directly at him, "Look around you Slim. Gibson has been a formidable presence in the music industry for well over 50 years. There is no area we aren't firmly involved with. Cooper primarily uses a vintage Gibson, not to mention his Kramers which are a subsidiary."

"And you want to exploit that for your own purposes?" Slim crossed his arms distrustful of her real motives. "Not to exploit; I was thinking more along the lines of a partnership, something mutually beneficial."

Looking over at Cooper again, she continued, "What do you think Cooper? It will be your face, your band, your label side by side with Gibson. It's a win-win proposition."

Cooper hesitated as he studied her. He was tired of the constant exposure and lack of privacy. Acting as the face of Gibson would mean more promotions beyond touring, more time away from where his heart longed to be. He already endorsed his use of the vintage Gibson he played; he didn't want to go beyond that. "I don't know Selene. I'm really not interested in putting my face and name on more products. The label, maybe."

"It would be good for business Cooper, yours and mine," she persisted. "No," he said flatly, "I don't want to do it." Taken aback by his abrupt response, Selene regrouped. "All right then, I understand. You've been through a lot and want to step back a bit. I hope you won't stop me from pursuing this with some of the other musicians?"

"I've got no problem with that but you need to work with Slim on this. My involvement ends with the vintage line." Throwing Slim a weary look Cooper spoke, "I'm heading back to the hotel. Hit me up when you get back there, all right?" Nodding, Slim watched as Cooper walked away and turned his gaze back to a smug Selene Coyle.

Tyler slipped onto the sofa next to Anya who had been doing her best to try and fit in and finally gave up. This was more, much more, than she anticipated. Grateful for an ally, she smiled at Tyler as they chatted about everything from their childhood love of music to their present situation.

"Don't sweat all the promotional bullshit; it will get less overwhelming eventually," he comforted her. "Oh? How long did it take for you to get used to it?" Anya asked him. He laughed easily, "I haven't really but don't tell anyone that okay?"

Rising, he looked down at her, "Listen, I'm going to get out of here and head back to the hotel bar. Would you like to come along?"

Aidan stood by the buffet table deciding if he wanted any more food, his mind on Lakin, when Rafe approached him. "Are you enjoying yourself surrounded by all this madness?" Aidan asked him as he popped a mushroom cap in his mouth absently.

"It's all right," Rafe answered. "I want to get started on my interviews…thought I might start with you." Aidan looked at him, surprised, "Now?" Rafe shook his head; he already had his preliminary outline and had been adding fragments and observations to it.

He needed an angle that no one had used before and thought he would find it with Aidan. "No, I was thinking the day after tomorrow, after tomorrow's performance. That work for you?"

Aidan never thought he was as interesting as the others and was surprised Rafe wasn't pursuing an interview with Cooper first. Maybe he had his reasons. Either way, it didn't matter. "Sure, that sounds fine," Aidan answered, shrugging as another mushroom cap found its way to his lips.

Heydon normally enjoyed these gatherings but this time all he wanted to do was crash at the hotel. Still brooding and unable to force himself to bring about any semblance of a truce with Daniel, he sat at the bar, nursing a tequila for a few seconds before tossing it back.

"You look bored; may I join you?" Selene asked. Heydon watched as she slipped onto the barstool without waiting for his answer. Definitely intrigued by her, he figured why not? "Suit yourself, but I doubt I'd be much company," he shrugged.

"You don't look like you are enjoying the party Heydon," her honeyed voice sounded slightly hurt. "Perhaps I could make things more entertaining for you?"

There was no mistake in her intent as Heydon studied her. She was beautiful and intriguing, that was certain."What did you have in mind?" he played along. Selene smiled, "I have a proposition for you…if you're interested." I'll bet you do, Heydon thought. "And what might that be?" he continued.

Selene paused, took a drink and looked back at him, "I want you as the new face for Gibson guitars." Heydon's face darkened. That was crap, she wanted Cooper and he said no. He was second choice…again. "Forget it," he snapped, "you asked Coop and he refused. Do you think I'm an idiot…that I don't know what's going on here?"

Selene stood at the same time as Heydon preventing him from walking away. She stepped close to him, "I did ask Cooper, it's true, but it would have been bad business not to ask him first. You're the one I really want Heydon. I want to develop a signature line with your creative input, your name, your endorsement."

Heydon's frustration was at its peak but he relented somewhat. "Are you interested?" Selene purred. "Maybe," he replied as he allowed his eyes to rake over her. "Perhaps you would allow me to convince you over drinks elsewhere?" she ran her hand up his arm and let it drop, her eyes never leaving his.

"Lead the way, lady." Heydon watched Selene as she gracefully weaved through the room smiling and nodding to all the guests. It wouldn't hurt to get away from all the hype and Heydon's ego could certainly use the attention. It was just drinks with an associate, no harm in that.

The damp London air immediately assailed Heydon as he continued to follow Selene down the street. "My driver is just over here," she breathed as she signaled toward a sleek black town car.

What the hell was he doing? Heydon watched her hips sway gently, and her long legs move gracefully one in front of the other, that red silk caressing each limb. Just business, that's all this is, he kept repeating.
O2 Arena 8PM - Storm Warning

About to step out in front of 20,000 screaming fans, Tyler stood behind the stage and found he was surprisingly calm. He waited, Shaun and Stevie beside him, for the future he envisioned to become his reality. Tyler drew a deep breath as he heard a voice over the sound system:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the O2 Arena welcomes for the first time on an international stage, Storm Warning!"

The lights were dimmed as they purposefully walked out on stage. The roar of the crowd increased as the spotlights flashed on the band as they began to perform, loud, electric, reverberating sounds filled the venue.





Cooper stood in the tunnel between the stage and the backstage area listening to the muffled sounds of Storm Warning's performance. Crews hurried by with instruments, sound equipment and cables. Closing his eyes, he breathed deep and let go of all the thoughts that filled his head.

Pulling his cell out of his pocket, he called Beth. "Hey gorgeous; we're just about ready to go out on stage and I really needed to hear your voice. Beth," he paused, "I love you baby."


Beth's breath had caught in her throat when she saw the name on her caller ID. Overwhelming emotion consumed her once more as Cooper's gritty voice sent shivers through her. "I love you too Coop. I wish we could be with you; someone better be filming this for me," she laughed.

Cooper smiled warmly, the sound a caress against his skin, "We've got all kinds of film crews here. I'll have them send some footage as soon as I can. I've got to go baby. Kiss Rainie for me; tell her Daddy loves her." Hanging up was agony for him.

"I will. Now you go rock the house and call me when you get back to the hotel. I want to hear everything. I love you Coop." Another wave of emotion that almost had Beth in tears swept over her as the call disconnected.

"I miss you," she whispered as her eyes penetrated across the expanse of ocean in an effort to see all the way to London.
O2 Arena 9:30PM - Mercury Rising (recommended listening So Hot by Kid Rock)

The only thing that compared to the thrill of performing in front of thousands of screaming fans was sex…really good, hot, steamy sex. Cooper loved the feeling, that familiar, intense rush surging through his veins like a narcotic as he waited for the cue to their entrance. He was the music and it was powerful.

Sucking in a deep breath, Cooper shut his eyes. When he opened them, they were blazing with an intense flame, his body transformed, the monster rock star stood poised and ready.

The inky black of the stage provided cover as they made their way out.

Danny's drums broke the silence, a low, steady pace, a heartbeat of sounds, pounding, pulsating, and increasing in intensity.


It climaxed with the heavy wail of Coop's guitar and his distinctive gravelly voice exploding amid lights blazing heat from behind.





----------------------
NEXT CHAPTER: Rising Above Chapter 3
23 comments:
Thank you so much Beth! I really enjoyed shooting that last scene. So much in fact that I will be posting the rest as a photo shoot if I can find the energy to edit them.
Cooper is simply en fuego.
Heydon is really struggling with so much right now. He is shattered inside and full of doubt.
Slim learned his lesson a long while ago. He knows what he has at home and won't forget that again.
Stevie? Jealous? Maybe a little but she would never admit that. And probably a little threatened by another female "stick man". Cooper and Stevie will always be close friends I think. And of course having Slim there will really ease his mind some and take the pressure off.
Tyler did seem interested in Anya as did she. We'll have to see where that goes.
Rafe, the ultimate THUD. Poor Aidan looks like a rag doll next to him.
Thank you for those beautiful shots at the beach house. When those two talk on the phone, well their eyes light up.
What can I bloody well say? Stunned beyond all comprehension.
Again, your shots...And I agree with Beth, the way you describe Cooper, the music, the concert, I almost wanted to hold a lighter above my head! LOL!
Fantastic!
Can I say I LOVE Rafe in that grey vest? Can you remember where you got it?
Also, that Selene is something, she is going to use Heydon as a mushroom cap! (snack!)Or maybe he will show the intestinal fortitude of Slim (you go, man!)and turn her down. Then he seems to be in a strange, vulnerable place at the moment.
Tyler and Anya, could be very interesting, looking forward to all the possible relationships. Great interactions!
Cooper calling Beth was sweet...
Every time I see Shaun's eyes, I want to drool. And that shot of them about to go on stage, his eyes just burn in the dark.
Wonderfully done as always gayl, you are our 'rock queen.'
I absolutely loved this update, and have to agree with every one else the screens are absolutely amazing.
Unfortunately I have been ill all weekend and my update readings are not near where I want them so I wanted to say that I will be re-reading and providing a proper comment later. 80)
BRAVO!!!
Wonderful update, I absolutely loved all the pictures, the lighting was perfect the sets were gorgeous, you paid attention toe very detail and it shows!!! Beautiful beautiful stunning pictures!!! And the writing, oh well what can I say about the writing, love it!!!
Poor Heydon, looks like Selene got him in the wrong moment... I really hope he turned her down, if he didn't, then I hope at least he regrets what he did... and oh my... I hope Dany won't know, if he does, he will sure try to get Peri back.... oh Heydon, what have you done!!!
And Selene, what a bitch, she is just looking for someone, anyone who will do her the favor!! lol she is so in need!! :D lol lol... Great character though... very cold and detached..
Anya, what a beautiful sweet girl, she sure looks out place with all those hunks in there, but I'm glad Tyler was there to make her feel welcome!
Shaun, aww I just love him, love how worried he is about Stevie and I loved how Stevie stepped between him and Anya... was she jealous?
Cooper looks great in and out of stage, beautiful shots of him and Beth talking on the phone... poor Beth it must be so difficult to be away from him...
Aidan, is an excellent choice, maybe we will find more about him next chapter, lol is the only one that we haven't really seen anything yet...
Wonderful chapter Gayl! Bravo, Bravisimo!! and I agree with Karen you are Rock Queen:D lol
I'm really looking forward to next chapter!
this is such a fresh beginning. It feels like such a revisit to chapter 1 of DD! Just that this time cooper has everything going for him. I love this. this made me so happy!
Oh I love this update so much. The adrenaline rush of the concert. I'm so SO amazed at how well you did the atmosphere. I can hear the screaming fans and the rhythm and everything. It's so so real. I can feel Cooper's excitement and Heydon's spinning head. I love your characters so much, each of them are so personal and you write them out so well that it feels like they're real.I have such a deep love for all of them (i know they're sims but seriously).
THe shots were OUTTATHISWORLDICANTEVENBEGINTODESCRIBEIT! I loved cooper's guitar shot and the rockstar pose at the end. I love how the shots captured selene's cunning demeanour. This is so good.
The last part where Cooper was calling Beth just about broke my heart, it's so sweet. I know it's such a cheesy comparison but it really felt like how it was when my ____ would be about to leave on his outfield missions. You encapsulated the feeling of excitement and a little worry.
This was crazee wicked great. I've loved your work all along and it looks like I'm never gonna stop loving it. Update on Rising Above!
Gayl, you have my utmost admiration.
Thank you Karen. LOL! Lighters, cell phones, it all works.
It isn't hard for me to channel music and put it into words. It is such a passion of mine.
I will check on that vest of Rafe's. I got it awhile ago but I can find it and send it if you want. Poor Heydon is so vulnerable right now. It's hard to say what he will end up doing.
Can I say I love Shaun's eyes too? Although sometimes they look quite eerie the way they glow. But those eyes against that dark skin and black hair are yummy.
Thanks again for reading and commenting.
No worries Cherie, it has been difficult for me to stay on top of the stories I follow as well as the blogs. I've had some of the Corinne piece written and fragments here and there for Wyatt, but my energy has been tapped out lately.
Thank you though for taking the time to read!
Hi Sandy! Thank you for the compliments on the shots! I tried to combine some of what you showed me with some things I picked up from Mao to make the concert shots more dramatic. The originals are rather bland in comparison. I'm getting there.
Selene is a very complex character. She is mainly concerned about her best interests. Although she comes off as cold she is a very passionate woman with a strong sex drive! What she does with Heydon...well let's just hope he can resist her charms.
So far I really like Anya. She is sweet and has really been thrown into the fire. I don't think she really knew what she was signing on for. Tyler seems to know what she is going through and I suspect he will make her feel comfortable.
Shaun and Stevie are adorable together. I do have to be careful how I dress her though. Every time I take her to a community lot, she looks like she is about to pop that baby right out!
Cooper is a rock god! And Aidan...we will learn something about him soon. And I hope to update my bios one of these days...
Chloe, thank you for taking the time from what I know must be a hectic schedule to read! I hear you about Wyatt's story. I have wanted to update there too but I am really trying to focus on the timing and don't want to get too far ahead in his story and end up having to backtrack in DD.
I have some experience with the whole rock scene, the backstage antics, etc. so I was able to use that here. If they are real to you then I take that as high praise since I hoped my writing would bring them to life.
I had so much fun shooting the concert that I ended up taking around 65 shots. I am going to compile a photo shoot soon.
Again, thank you for reading. Sorry I haven't responded to the comment on the previous chapter yet. RL has me spinning.
First of all, the performance shots were amazing! Very engaging and charged. You didn't need a full audience or fanciness to pull those off, very awesome.
I also really, really loved the play of relationships in this one. There's a mix of everything, hatred, tension, sadness, dejectedness, etc. It's really astounding.
Selene is like a barn cat looking for mice. Looks like she found one. Heydon, what's wrong with you?
Poor Stevie. It's only understandable that she'd be a little tense, but I don't think Anya intends to step on her toes.
The shots with Beth at the beach house were also great. I love that set, LOL!
Okay I feel like a parakeet here, but those shots were just amazing Gayl! Forget being in a game, I felt like I was THERE, just beautiful.
Dear Lord that Selene just keeps trying everywhere, doesn't she? Looks like she picked the right one to get her way though and I can't imagine him doing anything on tour would help his situation when he gets home, poor guy.
Cooper really shined for me on this one, can't really remember much else that happened but things that involved him. He's so beautiful in every way, the phone call, and those shots of his face before going on stage...Love, love, love!
Wonderful update again, thoroughly enjoyed every second!
Thanks Mao! I fretted over those shots. I planned to use gunmod's lighting hack but forgot to download it. When I went to grab it, the site was down. I am not much for Photoshopping (is that even a word?) images but they were much more effective with the lighting and the color tweaked. Still not what I had described to you but close enough.
Selene has definitely found the weakest link although she would have had more immediate success if she had hit on Daniel. But then he wouldn't serve her purpose. From a business standpoint, Tyler would have been my choice. He has talent oozing out of him and he is going to be big as Storm Warning's front man. Not sure that Heydon will fall prey immediately.
Thank you again for the advice and the praise. I really appreciate it!
Hey Emily! I feel like I really got back to my roots with Cooper in this one. Writing about his music, putting him on stage, he shines for me. The rest of the time we have a love/hate relationship. I love to torture the poor man and he hates it. LOL!
Thank you so much for the comments on the shots. That was my one worry. I still need to figure out how to center the smaller ones.
Heydon is torn up right now. But you are right, giving in to another woman is not going to make him happier. It certainly isn't going to solve the turmoil he feels, it will compound it. I think he'll resist for a while.
First off absolutely wonderful update!!!! To quote Karen "You are our Rock Queen," LOL!!!
Your writing is thoroughly enchanting, captivating... Hmmm... Is there anything else I can say to swell an ego, LOL 80) Very well done, The way you described the emotions, especially the call from Cooper to beth and seemlessly transistioned into his performance. APPLAUSE!
I really like Stevie and Shauns relationship poor guy, will she ever fully give in and trust in him. 80)
Anya and Tyler, handsome together sweet. She is just what he needs I think.... Still have to learn more of her character but she so far seems sweet...
Ok I am not going to lie, I love Heydon and Peri's relationship, it is so very real and the emotions involved. Now I must say I am not liking the snake very much... So she's hot to trot, go find some other unsuspecting yet willing victim, LOL. (I am really not meaning to rant)
I loved that Rafe chose Aiden first, (Did I spell that right) firstly above gabe, Rafe is my absolute favorite but Aiden's sweet calm temperment and great looks are quickly catching him up (Then again the hair helps ;p). Loved the use of the mushroom caps, made everything so real.
Once again absolutely GORGEOUS!!! shots, where's my lighter, lol.
Tyler and Anya is an interesting mix, and Stevie would probably chill out even more if that happened considering how Anya was a bit taken with Shaun (or at least that's how Stevie saw it – I'm not so sure at this point).
Heydon, what are you thinking? At least Slim knows better than to go there.
Fantastic shots of the concert, and you are really out doing yourself with the sets.
You did a great job on this chapter. I love the performance bits at the end, I literally, no kidding, got goosebumps looking at them. I could almost hear the music, the screaming and the crowds in the background.
I have a suspicion Heydon is going to get more than he bargained for - although I kind of think Selene is a bit easy hopping from one guy to another like that.
Cherie, thanks! I will admit I like Heydon and Peri too. I was surprised at the heat between her and Danny! I still don't know how that will end up. Anya is sweet. I hope to learn more of her as well.
I have a serious soft spot for Rafe myself. Aidan should be a very interesting interview.
If you don't have a lighter, a cell phone will do...
LOL!
Hello GS! Thank you for reading! I think Stevie is feeling very insecure right now over not only Shaun but her career as well. I think it threw her that her backup is a woman, a beautiful, young woman. But she does not need to worry about Shaun; he is totally smitten with his new bride.
Heydon is just a mess. Slim learned his lesson and I doubt he would go down that path again.
I did enjoy building this set. The only one I have ever done that I was really pleased with. If only I could have filled it with 20,000 screaming Sims...I need to look for sim lingerie to throw on the stage. hehe
Ysbal I am thrilled you felt like you were there! It is exactly the way I saw and heard it! So happy that came across!
Selene is a predator although not an evil one. She enjoys men and has no intention of tying herself down right now. Heydon...well she saw the weak spot and went for it. Hopefully he will come to his senses before it is too late. But he is fooling himself if he thinks it is "just business".
Amazing... I have completely forgotten that this is even sims 2. Everything is on a whole different level and it is truly a pleasure to read. I was transported to an overseas rock concert for a few great moments thanks to you!
This story is so intriguing - I cannot wait to see where this is going! Stevie/Shaun/Cooper storyline has me enthralled. Anytime I seem them in an update its exciting! Their story is so sweet!
Poor Heydon he's in such denial and Selene seems to be a bit of a maneater.
The set was so dark,smoky and dramatic - excellent job!
So many new story directions now - I am chomping at the bit at what may could possibly come next! Fabulous work!
Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this chapter. I wasn't sure how I was going to get those concert shots but in the end they really worked out well I think.
I love Shaun and Stevie; I have not explored them as much as I would have liked but I will. Cooper and Stevie have a very close bond but there is no threat there to either marriage. Stevie was a lifeline for Coop when he really needed one.
With luck I will have a new chapter out before the end of the month.
What stunning pictures!!! Gayl, you positively outdid yourself with this chapter! It was so amazing!
I so enjoyed seeing the band play on stage. The lighting! The instruments! The way they interacted with one another! It seemed so very real!
You'll have to forgive me for this... I got the giggles a little bit, thinking about how it must have been for you when you first put it all together. You know, how the Sims really sound... and the way they sing! It's so comical and hilarious! I just got this picture in my head of Coop and his friends singing sim-style! LOL! I just couldn't help myself!
Ahem! Enough of that! ;)
The best part I liked, was when Coop called Beth right before the performance, because he was longing to hear her voice again. I love the close-up shots you made with them both. She had the sweetest, happiest expression on her face. And the beachfront scenery in the background behind her was gorgeous! Such a lovely scene! Well done!
I can see that Heydon may be making a serious mistake in going anywhere with that Selene. She strikes me as a predator of some kind, just waiting to pounce on her prey. Slim and Cooper both were smart to turn her down. I hope Heydon doesn't do anything stupid that he might regret later.
Oh my! What if he does, and Daniel finds out? Or Peri? That could be very bad...
Tyler and Anya? Looks like a new love may be in the works! Eat your heart out Amanda, wherever you are! LOL!
I love Shaun's eyes too! They are really gorgeous! So very blue! They do make you want to drool! LOL! He and Stevie make a beautiful couple! :D
I like that particular outfit that Rafe was wearing, too. (And it really looked good on him!) I believe it was designed by Engelchen, right? From All4Sims.de? Sadly, they seem to be offline... I'm afraid I can't read Dutch to figure out what's going on with them. LOL! I'm pretty sure I've seen the outfit featured on other sites, though.
Once again, fabulous work, Gayl! And have a great weekend! :D
Thank you for reading Tammy, I am sorry I didn't reply before now.
LOL! Trust me, I do NOT hear the in-game music since I am usually playing my own while I write/take screencaps. I really appreciate the compliments on the shots. I tried hard to make them look realistic.
Cooper is so in love with his wife; he is always thinking of her and his family. And I must thank Beth for taking the fabulous shots at the beach house. When those two talk to each other, there is a light like no other in their eyes and it really shines through.
It will be interesting to see how Heydon handles himself with Selene and if anything does happen between them, what the ramifications will be. Tyler and Anya are a very interesting pair. I don't know yet how they are going to react to each other.
You are spot on with Rafe's outfit. I did get it from all4sims (I think that was it) Although I much prefer Rafe wearing...something else. He looks good in anything...
I do adore Shaun and Stevie as a couple. I cannot wait to see their child! I hope they don't have a monkey child...
Anyway, thank you again for the kind words. Hopefully I will have another update sometime soon.
Post a Comment